DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS
DISTRACTED DRIVING ACCIDENTS - A SERIES OF BAD CHOICES
Distracted driving is dangerous driving behavior. It is a problem for all age groups, not just young people.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration:
- 3450 people died in 2016 by distracted driving in the United States
- 391,000 people in injured by distracted driving in 2015 in the United State
- 481,000 people are using their cell phones while driving each day in the United States
According to the Colorado Department of Transportation:
- Distracted drivers cause an average 40 crashes each day in Colorado.
- In 2018, 15,673 crashes involved a Colorado distracted driver.*
- In 2018, 53 deaths involved a Colorado distracted driver.*
- In CDOT's 2018 annual mail survey of Colorado drivers, in the week prior to the survey:
- 91 percent of participants reported driving distracted in the past seven days.
- 48 percent admitted to reading a message on their phones.
- 63 percent of drivers talked on a hands-free phone.
- 52 percent talked on a handheld phone.
- 33 percent sent a message while driving.
Distracted driving is dangerous driving behavior
It is a problem for all age groups, not just young people.It is especially important to educate young drivers about the dangers of distracted driving.Distracted driving can bring about tragedy. Casey Feldman was 21 years old when she was killed by a distracted driver in 2009. Her parents created The Casey Feldman Memorial Foundation and EndDD.org to honor Casey’s life and help stop the crashes and deaths caused by distracted driving. Our firm supports the End Distracted Driving campaign.The are features for cell phones to block calls and texts while you are driving. The Colorado Department of Transportation discusses these applications in an effort to reduce distracted driving fatalities and injuries.
We use accident reconstruction experts to determine how the distraction caused the collision.
Stop Distracted Driving
Lee, Myers & O’Connell encourages everyone to take the pledge to be a safer driver.
I pledge to Just Drive for my own safety and for others with whom I share the roads. I choose to not drive distracted in any way – I will not:
- Have a phone conversation – handheld, hands-free, or via Bluetooth
- Text or send Snapchats
- Use voice-to-text features in my vehicle’s dashboard system
- Update Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vimeo or other social media
- Check or send emails
- Take selfies or film videos
- Input destinations into GPS (while the vehicle is in motion)
- Call or message someone else when I know they are driving
OUR CLIENTS SAY WE DO A GOOD JOB AS PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS
Lee Myers & O’Connell is amazing. The staff is extremely professional and helped me every step of the way with my case. They addressed all my needs and were always available for any questions or concerns I had. Highly recommended.
Bret Myers helped my Friend Pablo through a serious car injury. Bret was very caring, very professional, and got a very fair amount back for my friend. I would highly recommend Bret Myers to all my friends and family.
-Maddie Slomiany's Five Star Google Review
We were referred to Brett Myers from a friend of the family after my wife had been in an accident. The other driver had admitted fault but we had still been given the run around from the insurance companies. From the very first meeting with Brett and Mina, we were impressed. They were very helpful, professional, knowledgeable, understanding and caring. They didn't try to make empty promises, and were transparent with what the steps were moving forward. Both Brett and Mina stayed in touch with each step moving forward, were available to answer any questions we might have, and ultimately helped us out to make sure that my wife was taken care of for her accident. We are extremely impressed and grateful for their ability and willingness to take our case and help us out with what could have been a very difficult situation for us. Thank you so much guys, we appreciate everything that you did for us, and anyone would be more than lucky to have you on their side.
-Brandon Barnett's Five Star Google Review
We help people who have been injuredy in car accidents
We represent pedestrians, bicyclists, people traveling on the road who have been injured by someone using a cell phone or other device.
It is important to contact an attorney so that the attorney can address distracted driving issues early on in the case.
You can chat with us now, Lee Myers, & O’Connell, for a free consultation about your rights or call us.